Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: The HP Freshman 15 Contest - Win a Notebook Compu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Layne Marie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Cake! Reply with quote

Whew! I just finished making a cake covered in fondant instead of icing for the FIRST TIME EVER. It was very interesting. I'll try to post some details after, but I want to get this up right quick before the deadline is posted.

Oh and the letters are made of gum paste--another brand new ingredient for me! I colored it with gel food colors then used molds to create the letters. I also dusted it (and the cake) with pearly dust (edible of course!) because I do love sparkle.

I've always wanted to experiment with fondant and gum paste and cake decorating in general, but never have, so I used this as an opportunity to give it a whirl. And it was so much fun! Thanks for the opportunity. Smile

So here it is:

cmduke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Contest Reply with quote

Registration wouldn't process correctly. I can be contacted via http://www.tiwtter.com/cmduke
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!!! Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for participating in this fun contest! Any submissions that are received/posted AFTER this post are not qualified to win prizes (but if you've gone through the effort, feel free to post so others can enjoy your handiwork).

I'll be going through the entries when I get back to California and have my panel of judges pick out their favorites.

Thanks for playing - stay tuned for the winners!

Michael

**** CONTEST IS CLOSED ****
qk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: problem seeing pictures... Reply with quote

hello, did anyone noticed that some pictures are not displayed when browsing on IExplorer?
I advice you to use Mozilla FireFox, so that you can see the pics that IExplorer doenst show.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Roof on the table and food over my head Reply with quote

Roof on the table and food over my head

Shane Joe Lazar
drsjlazar(a)gmail.com
adcurtin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Winner Reply with quote

Any word on who won yet?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: WINNERS! Here are the WINNERS! Reply with quote

The winner of the laptop is rtrieu for his multifood construction and detailed description of how he made each letter group.

The winners of the messenger bags are:
Dani - for the salad and cake contributions

djwain - for the gutsiness of spelling out cooking for engineers in a grocery store

Kara - for the geekiness of the ASCII binary entry

katherinego - for the carved pumpkin and it's timeliness to the season
Moggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Fun! Reply with quote

I hate I missed the contest, looks like a lot of fun. There are some real creative minds around this place! Congrats to the winners.
Veron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post

I missed this one. The submissions were pretty creative, but I think alot of them were off from what you wanted. Teasing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: