Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: The HP Freshman 15 Contest - Win a Notebook Compu
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaayyyyy waiting for it... Smile
fergusg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: HP Giveaway Reply with quote

US only I presume? (I'm in UK)
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is NOT a U.S. only giveaway - anyone is eligible!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the giveaway title, is this limited college freshmen? I couldn't find any rules indicating one way or the other.

Sue
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Based on the giveaway title, is this limited college freshmen? I couldn't find any rules indicating one way or the other.

Sue

I'm not allowed to post rules until the day of my giveaway, but it's not limited to college freshmen - HP just intends the laptop promotion to be oriented towards recent college grads and there are 15 units to be given away, so Freshman 15 seemed like a fun name.

So, to be clear, anyone regardless of age or country of residence will be able to participate in my giveaway. Full rules will be published on October 4th.
dsuursoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

down for it, i'm going back to school for my materials science bachelors. it'll help if i win it.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Let the contest begin! Reply with quote

All entries for the HP Freshman 15 laptop giveaway should be BELOW this comment and ABOVE the comment I leave ending the contest on October 11.

Remember, anyone can enter - just post a picture involving food and the have the phrase "cookingforengineers.com" showing in the photo. The phrase has to be there when the picture is taken - no image editing or photoshop!
Abdur Rafay Zafar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing.
Can a person have more than one entry? I have a couple of great ideas and was having difficulty deciding which one to go for.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abdur Rafay Zafar wrote:
One more thing.
Can a person have more than one entry? I have a couple of great ideas and was having difficulty deciding which one to go for.

Feel free to enter more than once.
adcurtin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: My Entry Reply with quote

I just removed the floor from my moms kitchen, so I decided to cut some of it out, then decided that would take way too long, so I just burned the rest, with sparklers and a blowtorch.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: My Entry Reply with quote

adcurtin wrote:
http://adcurtin.googlepages.com/cookforengin.JPG

I just removed the floor from my moms kitchen, so I decided to cut some of it out, then decided that would take way too long, so I just burned the rest, with sparklers and a blowtorch.

Nice, I was a bit surprised at first (looked at the picture before reading the whole comment) then I realized it was a kitchen floor and it had been removed (thank goodness)!
SakuraBlossoms64

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Teehee Reply with quote

I have 2 different versions of the same type of food xD so can that count as 2 entry's?

rtrieu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Smorgasbord - Cooking for Engineers style Reply with quote

Here is my entry into the competition. Click here for a larger view. I have a posting on my friend's blog where I go into detail about each dish, and with more pictures. Visit here for the juicy details.

I got to say, out of all the HP contests so far, this has been the most enjoyable one.

Richard.

Last edited by rtrieu on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
DeejayKnight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Here's my submission! Reply with quote

It's not as elaborate as everyone elses, but with the minimal funds I have available, I did the best I could!

My entry (if it's allowed - I hope it's allowed!) is of a dinner I made for my wife and I. We're stationed in South Korea living off of the installation. Because of that, we don't have an oven or anything so I made do with what we have and made a pretty tasty dish.

It's Toasted Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches served with a side dish of Cream Soup with Mandarin juice.

I'd love to have made a more elaborate dish, but it was kind of impossible at the moment. It was something I made myself though. Big smile I hope this qualifies!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gonz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: photoshop? Reply with quote

you clearly stated that we cannot fake pictures in photoshop, but can we use it to correct the color or stuff like that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: