Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Hefty Serve 'n Store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawartha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Sold!!! Reply with quote

SOLD! Nicly done and very thorough Smile Thank you

Kawartha
ddk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: ugh Reply with quote

ugh ugh - more land fill fodder!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hefty website lists the everyday product as being pp5(polypropylene #5) which falls into the"durable" category of consumer plastics, often microwaveable and dishwasher safe. Caveats include to "avoid using them to heat sugary foods, like syrup or sweetened tomato sauce, which reach very high temperatures and are more likely to melt plastic."

The party plates are ps6 (polystyrene#6), more commonly known as styrofoam,and "are made with benzene and could leech styrene, a possible human carcinogen and hormone disrupter; they also can't be recycled in most communities."
Even storing foods (cold) in these plates risks leeching these chemicals if the foods have a higher fat content (more prone to leeching.)

People- follow MFG's directions and don't use the colored ones in the microwave! Heck if you can't recycle them and they're not as durable- why use the colored ones at all?

Thanks for the great article- I had bought some 2 weeks ago in anticipation of grillilng weather, and appreciate the input!

quotes from "plastics unwrappedby Josie Garthwaite, Body & Soul magazine, March 2007, pgs. 64&65.
Smiley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wash them in the dishwasher and reuse them, but they are no good for storing and transporting wet foods if you have kids or clumsy people in the house.
Shamana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Plastic Plates Reply with quote

Just wondering if these are recyclable?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shamana wrote:
Just wondering if these are recyclable?

Yes they are.
Pam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Interlock plates Reply with quote

We need the interlock plates back on the shelves. I have gone to several stores and tried to find them. They are no where to be found. Please help me get these plates back on the shelves.
guest_bc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Discontinued and at Big Lots Reply with quote

These have been discontinued by the manufacturer. Big Lots closeout store has bought the remaining inventory, so if you have a Big Lots nearby run and stock up while you still can.
Larry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: can't find plates in Houston Reply with quote

I love these plates, I cannot find them in Houston, Texas. Does anyone know where I can get them?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: can't find plates in Houston Reply with quote

Larry wrote:
I love these plates, I cannot find them in Houston, Texas. Does anyone know where I can get them?

I've heard reports that they are now discontinued.
lnoack@kc.rr.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Hefty Interlocking Plates Reply with quote

The Hefty interlocking plates were wonderful and I am unable to find any. These were great for taking meals to senior citizens or people who were recuperating from surgery. I even washed them in the dishwasher when they were returned to me and they worked equally well when reused. I am now down to about 4 plates and would love to find some more.
Karen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: hefty serve 'n store bowls Reply with quote

Smile I also am unable to find the hefty serve 'n store bowls. I stocked up but am running out of red and green. I use them during the holidays in my work with young children. They give their parents homemade gifts in them. Where can I get more?
jonirenee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Hefty interlocking plates! Reply with quote

I really counted on these plates forever when they first were available and am terribly dismayed they are no longer available. My daughter always saved individual portions and froze them for me.............yum. It was such a wonderful convenience and we miss them and are hoping someone will manufacture them again. PLEASE..............
LindyLu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Hefty Interlocking Serve 'n Store Paper Plates Reply with quote

What do we have to do to get the manufacturers to return these to the marketplace? I have used them happily for years (the same ones since they are dishwasher safe) and now want to buy more for friends to use.
Smitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Really missing these plates. Reply with quote

I bought several packs a few years ago. We've used them, thrown them in the dishwasher, and reused them over and over. We've given away alot of cookies and other food in these plates. Now I am almost out and bummin' that I can't get more. Only a few have cracked and needed tossed - I guess that's the downfall, they can't sell enough when they last so long. I sent a request on the Hefty web site to please make them again. Maybe if everyone does, they'll make it happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: