Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Food and Cooking by Harold Mcgee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CookNewb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: On Food and Cooking by Harold Mcgee Reply with quote

Hello, I did not know where to post this so I am posting it in this forum. SO i wanted to purchase a copy of "On Food And Cooking" by Harold McGee from Amazon. However Amazon seems to show two versions of the book. One has a red cover while the other has a white cover with some horizontal stripes. Which one is the latest version? They seem to both have been printed in 2004. I don;t know what is the difference between the two.
Thank you in advance for any reply!
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vertical stripes?

they appear to be different books - by title and IBSN....
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt, buy the one with insane numbers of 5 star reviews and avoid the expensive one without any reviews...

I haven't seen the white one with vertical multicolored stripes in person before. The title is different: "McGee On Food and Cooking and Encyclopedia of Kitchen Science, History, and Culture" vs. "On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen". I assume you want the "On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen" - the red book - since that's the one most talked about and referred to.
CookNewb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! I did not notice the different titles until it was brought up here!

I just looked at the "On Food and Cooking" part. I will pick up the Red Cover immediately.
Thank for the quick replies! This is an excellent forum!
JDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red cover is the new and revised edition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum