Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Recipe: Orzo Risotto with Buttery Shrimp
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: orzo shaping Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they actualy shape Orzo. I am a home cook and would like to try and make some fresh.
Kristi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Excellent Recipe Reply with quote

I fixed this for dinner tonight and it was excellent. I have a box of Orzo sitting in my cabinet and didn't know what to make. The shrimp, orzo, asparagus was very delicious and the directions were very simple. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: orzo Reply with quote

I just love the layout of the recipe cards at the end. they are very organized. You have a very nice site and i appreciate the specialized layout and explinations of the steps and ammounts for each ingredient. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Orzo shape Reply with quote

I don't know how labor intensive making all the tiny shapes this way would be but my immediate thought would be to roll out long strings of pasta and pinch off small lengths. I'm thinking from experience with clay and bread dough as I have never personally tried making pasta.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....long strings of pasta and pinch off small lengths

indeed, very small lengths, then point the ends.

lottsa lottsa lottsa small lengths. orzo is about the size of a grain of rice.

I went looking and find no references to "home made orzo" - lottsa references to machine made specialty pastas.

it would appear orzo is a child of the machine made pasta age.

gnocchi tries my patience, can't fathom "hand making rice"
paizley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: orzo "risotto" Reply with quote Delete this post

Since risotto is always made from rice and orzo is a pasta, you may want to correct the title of the recipe to orzo, risotto-style or risotto-style orzo. You're an engineer...get it right! JK Big smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: