Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxteck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Krups Reply with quote

What do you guys think of http://www.krupsusa.com/All+Products/Toaster+Ovens/6-slice+Toasters+Ovens/Products/FBC4/FBC4.htm

I'm trying to get an electric Oven for baking desserts (or anything in cookingforengineers.com). I'm new at cooking and looking for advice. I'm not in the states (Zapopan, México) and i know i can find Krups here, and i also like the brand i've had good experiences with it.

I'm looking for advice/suggestions.

I see it maxes at 450 ºF, and 1 hour 30 mins on time. Not sure if there's something i could do that would need more than that.

Thanks in advanced.
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks good for what it is, but I think you will have much more even heating in a regular oven. This toaster oven may be ok for small things like individual serving custard bowls or other similar sized dishes, but not for anything large.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Krups Reply with quote

foxteck wrote:
What do you guys think of http://www.krupsusa.com/All+Products/Toaster+Ovens/6-slice+Toasters+Ovens/Products/FBC4/FBC4.htm

I'm trying to get an electric Oven for baking desserts (or anything in cookingforengineers.com). I'm new at cooking and looking for advice. I'm not in the states (Zapopan, México) and i know i can find Krups here, and i also like the brand i've had good experiences with it.

I'm looking for advice/suggestions.

I see it maxes at 450 ºF, and 1 hour 30 mins on time. Not sure if there's something i could do that would need more than that.

Thanks in advanced.

Hay,

You may want to consider an older Farberware Turbo Convection oven off ebay. A friend gave me one years ago and have nothing but great success with it. I stuffed it absolutely full with 1 good sized goose earlier this year and it came out absolutely perfect. Same with pies and other goodies. It's shortfall is with bread that sits on a stone with flour on it, the flour gets blown all over the place.

Search ebay for farberware turbo oven and you'll see a few there.

If mine broke, I'd buy a replacement of the same in a split second.

Biggles
foxteck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the response!

I couldn't find the Farbeware oven, so I ordered Krups. I'll let you know how did it go :-D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum