Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on spinach bread rolls

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koikille

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Question on spinach bread rolls Reply with quote

Hi,
I have this recipe for home made bread rolls which is wonderful and this recipe can be modified to make spinach rolls or sweet pepper rolls. I have made both kinds and they taste fantastic and are a wonderful option for birthday parties for example. However I have noticed that whenever I make the spinach rolls the taste is great and the spinach even provides some extra humidity to them but on the next day they start to have a slightly bitter flavor, like metalic flavor. Nothing too strong but you can feel it.
I guess this may be due to the iron in the spinach.
Do you have any clue what this may be due to? Is there any way I can delay this process by adding something to the batter?

I dont have the recipe by heart here but if you need it i can bring it and copy it for you.

Thanks for your help.
kind regards
Koikille
IndyRob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try freezing it while still fresh (but not warm). I've had very good success in freezing bread. It's not as good as right out of the oven, but better than day-old bread. Presumably, the baking process has already broken down the cellular structure of the spinach, so freezing shouldn't be a concern - as it would with fresh spinach.

You can either put the frozen bread into a 350 degree oven for a few minutes or allow it to thaw inside the plastic bag it was frozen in. The latter method allows it to reincorporate some of the moisture that has turned into ice crystals on the inner surface of the bag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum