Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Grilled Salmon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wifeofanengineer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Recipes Reply with quote

I love the salmon marinade and sauce. It does give an unuual flavor. And, I have made it a few times, just for something different. However, I read through most of the comments and there was something missing!
My hubby has passed away, but he would have an absolute cow if he saw the recipes, directions and pictures without associated and exact (+/-) within a few nanoseconds, the drawings to tell you exactly where to place the meat!!!

I just had to throw that in. Told you, I was married to an engineer!

Keep the recipes coming.
NotSoWise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Grilled Salmon Reply with quote

Have made this recipe twice. Once for my family and again for my family and a guest. I knew this was a great recipe, but to see/hear the compliments from the guest was very rewarding. Thanks for posting such a nice and easy way to prepare salmon. Just so you know, I had salmon prepared this way at Bonefish restaurant. Ever since I tasted the flavor, I was on a hunt to recreate the taste. This recipe is the exact flavor I had at Bonefish.
QBNCGAR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a picky foodie, and my wife & I cook a lot (especially on our charcoal grill). This recipe rocks the block because of it's simplicity, and the results it produces. Thank God someone besides me finds most recipes unnecessarily terse!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try adding a peeled and finely chopped three inch segment of ginger root to the marinade. Let it soak in for an hour longer than the suggested marinade time and grill as indicated in the recipe.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this last night and my wife fell back in love with me! Well maybe she already loved me but she was thoroughly impressed with the dish

I also made the asparagus recipe with Almonds and loved that too! Man, i love this site

Thanks
Emperor Neo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Tonights the night! Reply with quote

I'm glad i found your site. I was looking for specifically this kind of receipt and here it is simple and easy. the grid at the end was awsome! hahah, i loved it. Well tonight i'm firering up the grill and will cook the salmon just as your written. Wish me luck!

-EN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of maple syrup are you using? 100% or just regular store bought.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
what kind of maple syrup are you using? 100% or just regular store bought.

I used 100% maple syrup bought from a store. Be careful when buying maple syrup as many of the "popular" brands are simply maple flavored high fructose corn syrup.
Marcus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega-3 fatty acids are pretty well known in America. Guess where the guy who discovered their benefits is fom.
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Glazed Salmon Reply with quote

The receipe for glazed salmon did not say how long to marinate the salmon in the refrigerator or did I miss it?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Glazed Salmon Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
The receipe for glazed salmon did not say how long to marinate the salmon in the refrigerator or did I miss it?

Sorry about that. Fifteen minutes works well for me. You can go a little longer - 30 minutes, but much more and I feel that it detracts from the texture.
wbarns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Tried It / Liked It Reply with quote

Thanks much. I'm not much of a cook but tried it and it liked it.
sheila

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks tasty! We don't have salmon here in the Caribbean, but we'll try it on the next fish we catch when we go sailing next time! Probably between St. Martin & St. Barths.

It should work well with mahi-mahi...

Thanks again for your great blog!
Sheila
All About Boats blog
Paradise Connections Yacht Charters
subbu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: after cooking the vegitables shall we keep in fridge? Reply with quote

sir..
after cooking the vegitables.(in gravey stage) shall we keep it in fridge? and shall we take it for 3 day? there is any problem?

subbu
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: after cooking the vegitables shall we keep in fridge? Reply with quote

subbu wrote:
after cooking the vegitables.(in gravey stage) shall we keep it in fridge? and shall we take it for 3 day? there is any problem?

Did you post to the wrong article? What vegetables?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: