Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

im new here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
decemberist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: im new here Reply with quote

Hey everyone...im new here, just say hey! this website seems really cool!
SirSpice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a lot of useful information, but the forums are a little on the quiet side.
Thor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: No Traffic Reply with quote

The forums have been extremely quit. Michael update the site, college ended for summer, the Phillies broke the .500 mark, and bang, activity all but ceased.

What gives? Have people quit eating?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it wasn't the site update...
Thor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: 14 Games Shy of 10k Reply with quote

Doubt it was the update. The main page is looking pretty spiffy, and the random topic thing is fun. (I find myself coming back to the main page just to see what pops up next) The forums are seemingly the same. Business here should be good.

So I blame the Phillies. They will be the first team to lose 10,000 games in their team history, and will do so 10 years or more before the next team achieves this prestigious goal. Since we started an office pool to see who could pick the game closest to this milestone, they have been winning an unusual number of games. They were below .300 when we placed bets back in April. They are now .523, recently swept the Mets, and are only 3 games out of first. Them winning places the world off kilter. They should vie for first place in a week or so, then fall apart for the second half of the season. That should put everything back to normal.

Meanwhile, I have an odd yen for a beer and a dog. . . .
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may be the first team to lose 10,000 games because the team has been in existence for a long time, not necessarily because they players aren't good.

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!! Big smile Big smile
Thor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Phils Wager Reply with quote

Quote:
They may be the first team to lose 10,000 games because the team has been in existence for a long time, not necessarily because they players aren't good

It certainly can't be discounted that the Phillies have a history dating back to 1883 giving them more opportunity to reach the mark than other teams. But they mustered only a few seasons over .500 between 1920 and 1960. The same period included a shocking number of seasons with more than 100 losses, a period before the season was extended to 162 games. The 1985 thru 2000 period wasn't much better. They really only flourished, such that it was, in the 1975 thru 1983 stint.

The several teams that will also hit the 10k loss mark during my lifetime originated pretty close to the same time the Phils did. And those teams would have to lose 100 per season for the next 10 years to get there.

Yes, age is a factor. But the Phils are still special. And they only have 14 more losses to make history.
Beverly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ....I'm a newbie....came across your site looking for a recipe and thought it was cute....looking forward to reading more...having a small get together and am nervous...i'm the worst hostess...I have such an ecclectic mix of friends that i'm always worried that people will be bored...but the show must go on...gonna grill some teriyaki chicken and have some raw veggies ( no carbs to go with it Anger ) and lemon bars from the site here....so again hello to everyone..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum