Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caramelized Lamb Chops wrapped in priscutto?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brutox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Caramelized Lamb Chops wrapped in priscutto? Reply with quote

I am making caramelized lamb chops tonight. They are marinating in cilantro, soy sauce, mirim and brown sugar. I also have a few slices of prosciutto di parma I wanted to incorporate into that dish, maybe wrapping the chops with the prosciutto?

What do you guys think? Any advice? I haven't really worked with prosciutto so I am not sure how to make it work. Any advice is highly appreciated!

Thank you!
Watt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with all the other flavours, it would be lost, and therefore a waste of money, IMHO. Better to wrap it around fish or chicken breasts, or for a real treat, green-lipped mussels, or even oysters, and grilled.

just thoughts
Watt
brutox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, my problem is I already bought the prosciutto, so if I dont use with the lamb, I am not sure when will I get to use it, how long will I be able to store is once its been sliced?

But you are right, I would go a lot better with chicken.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosciutto and fresh fruit or dried fruit (like prunes) makes a wonderful appetizer or side dish.
Watt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then if you must use it in this dish, I recommend you fry the slices separately from the lamb, and use them as a garnish.

thoughts
Watt
Gorrigan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a afterthought, prosciutto can be used as a very smart garnish. It's the exact same proceedure as a tomato rose, really. Try laying the rose, crease down, with the end pressed under your main course.

Since you're using prosciutto, which is a rather oily item in its own right, it shouldn't have a problem staying put.

Wrapping prosciutto around a few chanterelles gives of a brilliant array of flavors as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum